Friday, June 11, 2010

June 7th ( Free Day ) - Rosanne Jones

When we woke up to the smell of coffee brewing this morning, I knew it was going to be a good day. And for anyone who knows me well; not only was there coffee, but also an endless amount of honey and soy milk available to make the best coffee in town. We bumbled around our host’s house, sipping our coffee in peace before we lazily hoped on our bikes for a stroll into Blacksburg. As we were coasting along the rolling hills in the early morning sun, I dropped to the back of the group, and with a grin on my face, I thought to myself– Life just does not get better than this.

Many of us dropped off our bikes at the Bike Barn where the mechanics were gracious enough to perform free and much-needed repairs to our bikes. We strolled on down to a restaurant, Gillie’s, which is famous for its breakfast food. I ordered banana, walnut french-toast, and a large glass of milk. I find it quite hilarious during meal times on our trip. In lieu of some good ol’ chatter during meal time, we have our heads bowed down, fingers tensed, eyes focused, and mouths mechanically chomping at a dangerous pace. The waiter even commented on how quiet our group was; I chuckled to myself.

On a side note, I am by far not alone when I say that our Blacksburg hosts, Leanna and Mason, are incredibly warm individuals. I cannot thank them enough for opening their home to us. I am looking forward to another good night of rest, and another morning of delightful coffee, before a long day of riding tomorrow– 75 miles.

No comments: