Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Minneapolis

Today we broke our commitment of staying in tents the whole time. We reached our peak of nastiness and broke down. So we're here at the Ramada in Minneapolis. It's great - AC, showers, beds, tv, free coffee, electricity. One more day of riding without doing laundry and I think we would have needed our chamois' surgically removed.

Riding through Minnesota has been nice. Tons of lakes and turkey farms. I think i'm going to purchase free range turkeys from now on. Those walmart sized enclosures smell ridiculous and I would never want to eat anything from inside.

Yesterday a dog ran out in the road so I stopped oncoming traffic. Then it ran up and bit my foot, the ungrateful bastard. So like an idiot, I chased it and yelled at it...So there! Very funny for those watching. New policy for dogs - unclip the feet and be ready for battle. I wanted to pick fights with little dogs just to redeem myself.

We are staying in Minneapolis until Monday morning and look forward to checking out the city and volunteering if possible. If anyone has any tips or info about Minneapolis please fill us in!

Donald

7 comments:

Trashy said...

I would assume there to be a Vietnamese resteraunt in Minneapolis that would love some fresh dog. Go thin the numbers, plenty of dogs, not enough well fed people.

Mary said...

Here's the National MS society local chapter info. They might be able to get you in touch with some locals who would appreciate some help.

200 12th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Phone: 612-335-7900
Email: info@mssociety.org
Website: www.mssociety.org/

Michelle said...

I got attacked by a little white moppish dog once. Lucky for me, it's mouth was too small to do much damage BUT if it could have gotten through my shoe, I'm sure I would have lost a toe.
I used to live in N.E. Georgia, the land of Fieldale chicken farms...the smell was beyond description.

Bike the US for MS said...

Thanks mary,

the local MS society chapter is up the street from where we're staying. I'm going to head up there tomorrow and see what we can do.

This place does your laundry for you - i feel really bad for someone.

U. of Minnesota seems nice - lots of bicycles.

Thanks for the info mary,

don

Mary said...

clean clothes and a real bed...must be like heaven to you guys!!
hope the local MS society can hook you up with people who could use your help.
Take care,
Mary

Brandon Branch said...

Hi Mason,
Good luck on your second half.

Brandon

Unknown said...

Yo Mason, Karl, Devin and Don,

How's it going? Now that we just got the kids' computer up and running again, we can follow you better.

Glad to hear you finally took a shower. You were really beginning to smell.

Would you like me to send our big dog, Ben, out to fend off all those French Poodles?

Keep pedaling!

Lu-Ann