Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Aw Yeah!

It's official. Karl has set Colville as the bar in recreation. Water falls to swim in, delicious, fresh local beer to drink, free camping in a clean site hosted by a really nice guy AND, the prospective future wives of Karl Miller club has acquired a new member. Actually thus far she's stepped directly up to the chairwoman's podium. I won't divulge too much because I 'm a gentleman but oh man! This place is cool.
Don and Devin are at it again, the constant bickering is starting to drive me crazy. I feel as though they can only relate to each other through abuse. I guess as long as they leave me alone I'll be alright, but I'm about to get together with Mason and figure out a way to "calm things down" There's a lot of empty space out here. I hope they remember that.
Anyway, yeah, things are great! My legs hurt a bit today. I think that because of my superior physical state I take a little while longer to warm up than the other guys, whatever their names are. I feel as if a small fire smolders inside of me and it takes gentle stoking and care to work it up into a raging inferno that can't even be stopped by the Devil himself. Like I say, I think the other guys aren't really putting their whole hearts into it all of the time. I guess if I make it it's still a success.
So last night, when I was trying to put up my bear bag, I got the thing about ten feet up when the whole branch broke off and came crashing down. Now, this is unfortunate to say the least but, considering my experience with bear bags thus far, namely mice eating my sugar and the good stuff out of my trail mix and the bull in Wauconda pissing on my bag during the night(it obviously wasn't in a tree), I was ready to spit. It took two more attempts, the last one with a rock the size of a small melon, to get my stuff hung up.
The Raccoons ate the grape juice and dead yellowjackets out of a plastic bottle trap right outside Mason's tent. I think that it was a sign of trust and love on their part towards Mason. I don't know why they'd want to do that but there animals so you never really know. Wild, wild animals.
I'm about done with my coffee and going to go eat my leg, because I'm starving again! I don't really know how I'm going to deal with this in places were they don't have food, like North Dakota. I guess I have to load up in Sand Point. I've got to get rid of my long johns if I want to do that. And the slingshot.
-K

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well that was very special. Thank you for the tasty update!

Unknown said...

I think I like the way I went through the Cascades -- by foot on trails and by car the rest of the time. You guys are awesome. There must be a small town post office where we can send food care packages. If you find out about one on your route, tell me what you want the most -- in food, that is. It's too expensive to mail girls. Anne

Unknown said...

Hey guys! You're making great progress. If you change your mind and want a place to stay near the Idaho border with a good dinner and a huge breakfast let me know. We are on the lake so relaxing, swimming, etc are not out of the question. Donald... I'm sure your dad gave you my number. Good Luck in your travels. Jen

BRAINCHEESE said...

Hey, Fellas!

You rock! (This coming from someone with MS who is old enough to be your mother(s)! LOL) I hope you don't mind, but I wrote a post about your ride (and inspiration) on my MS blog with several links to your website. I live in Seattle, but have readers from England, Australia, etc., who I hope may spread the word about what you are doing...you are truly noble young men...thank you.

Linda D. in Seattle