Thursday, August 2, 2007

Day One- Seattle to Arlington

Thanks for the great send-off yesterday! We left Golden Gardens with a nice crowd of frends and KOMO 4 News there to send us off. It was great riding out of town on the Burke-Gillman Trail with beautifully sunny skies and not much of a headwind.
Already, the calorie consumption has begun. Crackers, vacuum packed tuna steaks, much much more. And of course Nuun!!
I only expected us to get around 40 or 50 miles under our belt on the first day, but as it turned out we rode about 75.
We bedded down next to the beautiful Stillaguamish river right near a really cool abandoned railroad trestle. Karl and Don and I fished for a bit with Don's collapsable pole and I caught a nice sized little trout on my third cast! A great end to a long-awaited day.
Thanks to everybody who has been donating the last couple days!! The generosity we're seeing is awesome! We love getting the emails from everybody, keep 'em coming! All for now...

-Devin

7 comments:

chrissieD said...

Hey Devin!
It's Christine, Aaron's wife. I just wanted to say, we think you guys are awesome for doing this. And good luck on your journey!
Take care!!
-Christine

Emily said...

Hey Guys,

Matty told me that you left today. I can't believe you are on your way to the East Coast!! Mike and I live in Portsmouth New Hampshire which is on your way to Bar Harbor, so please know that I would love to have you all stay for the nite (or 2!). I can offer warm food, cold beer, and a comfy bed. Take care of yourselves...

Much Love

Unknown said...

Wow, way to go, guys! I hope you brought at least one digital camera with you and are taking pictures along the way. I wish I could see what you guys are seeing and shooting it with my 3D camera. Please don't hesitate to email me through my website. Talk to you soon,

Phil

Unknown said...

Hey guys! I'm so proud of all of you for doing this. I'm thinking about you constantly, and keep checking the blog and looking at maps throughout the day. I'm becoming quite obsessive really. I guess you can call me a Bike the US for MS groupie :) Have so much fun and take good care of yourselves! You are certainly missed aroung here already.

jim said...

You guys are awesome. I'm jealous. don't forget to blog.

l,d

Unknown said...

Sorry I missed the Send Off :( Very sick this week. You guys keep telling me I can get a t-shirt from your website, but it can't find them... I know you little f-ers are just messing with me!

luuv you long time,
the other Dirty D

karina said...

Michelle's gotten me on this bike the US for MS groupie thing now and I'm hooked! I work at the Flagstaff hospital and would be happy to spread the word about you guys there with flyers or whatever...I know lots of people here would definitely appreciate your adventures and great cause! sick with it :)