Thursday, August 9, 2007

Hello from Sandpoint!

We made it to Idaho - now only 14 states, 2 mountain ranges and 3,850 miles to go. I must say that Sandpoint is beautiful and everyone has been incredibly welcoming so far. As we crossed the bridge into town a woman looked at our bikes and said, "looks like someone should welcome you to Northern Idaho!" We are happy to be here even though it's a short visit - if everything goes well we should be in Montana in a few days.

Not quite sure what Karl meant about Devin and I bickering. I think Karl was trying to "spice-up" our blog. It worked because a few people have asked if we are getting along. Sometimes its hard to get along with anyone when you're very tired or hungry as we tend to be, but we all get along quite well and honestly I wouldn't want to ride 4,295 miles with any other guys.

A very cool older couple, Keith and Donna, are riding along our same route from Everett, WA to Whitefish, MT...and they are serious bikers! Just when we think we've passed them for good they come riding by. They are both 60ish and Keith has MS! Admirable to say the least....slow down dammit!

Tomorrow we will send out some info and work out volunteer opportunities but now it's time to enjoy Sandpoint, Idaho and this Best Western RV Park. Thanks for the emails!

Donald

2 comments:

jim said...

I'm glad those geezers are giving you a run for thier money. Used to bird watch at sandpoint! Beautiful!

Cousin Lib said...

Hello Cousin Devin,
Hey I can not belive you are doing this. I couldn't thats for sure. I miss you so much. hopefully I can make it up to see you sometime soon. Good luck and be safe! love you!!!!